January 2017 Update

I tried to split my week evenly over both my projects, and made a little progress on each. Pokemon Page 12 is coming along nicely:

Pokemon Page 12 progress

I’ve got a couple of spiky feathers in there now, and the top outline of another spooky ghost 🙂

I’ve finished the first motif of my summer sampler and started on the second:

summer sampler first motif

The text is more or less the centre of the design so I can work outwards from here. I’m doing the backstitching as I go along with this one which is something I never normally do. Usually I leave it all till last but it seemed like the right thing to do in this case. All the motifs are so different and separate that I think it will be good to finish them off completely and watch the design grow in a different way this time.

I know some people hate backstitching, but i really enjoy it. It feels like putting the final touches in that really make a huge difference to the finished piece. On the other hand it can be a lot of pressure – one or two sloppy stitches can be the difference between a beautiful princess and a wonky-eyed madwoman in some cases!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s