April 2016 Update

I don’t have much to share this month, I spent most of April working on my Pokemon picture, which I talked about here.

The only thing I have to show for my labours this month is this tiny little Bluetit and his butterfly pal:

Bluetit and Butterfly

I adapted this cutie from a much larger sampler from the book ‘The Countryside In Cross Stitch’ by Christina Marsh, which I found for the outlandish sum of 1 whole penny on Amazon.

Sampler Design

I was inspired by a recent family day trip to Wales, where several of my relatives spent the day exclaiming over the many (very many!) little birds visible on the farm, so I did a quick stitch of one of their favourites for a house warming card.

Bluetit Card

So there you have it – my one and only small project tackled this month!

Magnum Opus – Update 6

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? But finally I can say: Page 10 is complete!

Pokemon Page 9

This page was more scary and weird than cute, but I love the colours on the Seadra (the big blue seahorse-looking guy on the middle right).

Here’s how the whole thing looks now I’ve done 10 whole pages! I just love it so much.

Pokemon Whole picture Page 10

So I’m now 2/5ths done, with 25 pages to go. I’ve revised my ambitions from ‘finish before I’m 30’ to ‘finish…at all’ since the older I get, the more real life drama seems to get in the way of stitching time!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Spring and that your gardens are blooming and beautiful xx

Finished Mini Sampler

I finished the sampler I started working on last week, and am generally pretty pleased with it. Here it is before mounting:

WP_20160407_12_48_12_Pro

I’m just ever so slightly dissatisfied with the spacing of the words, I think they could have done with being one square to the right maybe? In any case, given the deadline for getting this done, I didn’t have time to mess around with changing it and then maybe changing it back and so on. I just had to mount it up and post it off, like so:

WP_20160407_22_16_11_Pro 1

I was trying to go for a sort of rustic / folk art kind of feel to go with the fairly traditional sampler, but as usual I got carried away and had to add something sparkly. Never mind, I know the recipient likes sparkles too!

And with this done, I’m back to focusing 100% on the Pokemon picture. Hopefully I can finish Page 10 this week!

March 2016 Update

As I promised myself i would, I’ve gone back to work on my Pokemon picture, and it’s coming along quite quickly.

WP_20160401_23_05_17_Pro 1

There are lots of largeish, solid areas of colour so i can really enjoy watching the picture appear as I stitch.

I’ve also started work on a tiny little sampler for a super secret wedding. I got the pattern from a World of Cross Stitching magazine, and tried various different thread and fabric combos out. I actually started and unpicked it three times before I decided that the designer’s choice was probably best! Here’s what I’ve done so far, it’s not much yet as I’ve only had one evening’s work on it:

WP_20160401_10_14_06_Pro 1

I think my lazy daisies are really improving from my earlier attempts! I don’t know what it is about this stitch that my hands just don’t seem to want to do. I can French knot no problem, I genuinely enjoy backstitching, but my lazy daisies look a bit lopsided and wilted most of the time!

And, just because i can’t seem to help myself, I’ve made a few more papercraft Christmas cards 😛